Wednesday 5 October 2011

Saori Weaving

This morning we found a French Patisserie with great croissants and coffee. Below the Saint is ordering. He is simply the best man in the whole world!



When I was looking for yarn shops on Google Maps, I found a weaving studio and so today I took a class. First I had to practice my cab hailing skills and flag down a yellow cab to get me there. Here is the outside of the building on the Upper East Side.



One enters through this gate and down stairs into a little bit of paradise.


Inside there are all kinds of wonderful fibres to tempt one.


This was my view from my loom.


On the walls were all kinds of inspirational weaving pieces but I was so engrossed that these are the only ones I took photos of. This kind of weaving is called Shibori weaving and is done with Indigo dyes.


Here is my masterpiece ...


 and here I am at the end of the day, very pleased with myself. The weaving has been hung upside down though and is unfinished.


Then it was off to Barnes and Noble to meet the Saint:)

No comments:

Post a Comment